Listings in DDD Approved Providers
Eligibility for Services (Source: nj.gov)
To receive services funded through the New Jersey Department of Human Services’ Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD), an individual must:
- apply and be determined to meet the functional criteria of having a developmental disability (see Division Circular 3 or NJSA 30:6D-25(b) and NJAC 10:46)
- be Medicaid eligible and maintain Medicaid eligibility
- establish that New Jersey is the applicant's primary residence at the time of application
In general, to meet the functional criteria of having a developmental disability, an individual must document that they have a chronic physical and/or intellectual disability that:
- manifests in the developmental years, before age 22, and
- is lifelong in nature, and
- substantially limits the individual in at least three of these areas of life activity: self-care; learning; mobility; communication; self-direction; economic self-sufficiency; and the ability to live independently.
An individual must be 18 years of age or older to be evaluated by DDD for functional eligibility for services.
An individual must be 21 years of age or older and be Medicaid eligible to receive services from DDD.
Our Speech Language Pathologists are licensed by the State of New Jersey, hold a certificate of Communicative Clinical Competency, and regularly undergo training to stay abreast of this rapidly evolving field.
155 Route 46
Mountain Lakes, New Jersey 07046
Good Talking People provides speech-language services to children and adults of all ages with various delays or disorders.
111 Galway Place
Teaneck, New Jersey 07666
Bancroft is a leading regional nonprofit provider of programs and services for individuals with autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities and those in need of neurological rehabilitation.
1433 Hooper Avenue
Toms River, New Jersey 08753
“Limitless” programs for children, adolescents and young adults with unique abilities strive to support the development of lifespan goals with the understanding that learning never stops.
30 Righter Avenue
Denville, New Jersey 07834
The New Jersey Institute for Disabilities (NJID) is dedicated to the provision of comprehensive, superior, multi-faceted programs of service to individuals with intellectual, developmental and related disabilities.
61 Suttons Lane
Piscataway, New Jersey 08854
Heart To Heart provides a wide spectrum of health and social services throughout NY and NJ, including home care, adult day care, behavioral health and a wide variety of related services to individuals of all ages within the community.
395 Pearl St
JSDD strives to maximize the potential of individuals with developmental disabilities and promotes opportunities for their integration into the Jewish and general communities.
270 Pleasant Valley Way
West Orange, New Jersey 07052
Intensive Therapeutics, Inc. offers individual and group therapy programs for children with special needs.
274 South Avenue
Fanwood, New Jersey 07023