Results for DDD Approved Providers in Howell, Mountain Lakes and Millburn
Eligibility for Services (Source: nj.gov)
To receive services funded through the New Jersey Department of Human Services’ Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD), an individual must:
- apply and be determined to meet the functional criteria of having a developmental disability (see Division Circular 3 or NJSA 30:6D-25(b) and NJAC 10:46)
- be Medicaid eligible and maintain Medicaid eligibility
- establish that New Jersey is the applicant's primary residence at the time of application
In general, to meet the functional criteria of having a developmental disability, an individual must document that they have a chronic physical and/or intellectual disability that:
- manifests in the developmental years, before age 22, and
- is lifelong in nature, and
- substantially limits the individual in at least three of these areas of life activity: self-care; learning; mobility; communication; self-direction; economic self-sufficiency; and the ability to live independently.
An individual must be 18 years of age or older to be evaluated by DDD for functional eligibility for services.
An individual must be 21 years of age or older and be Medicaid eligible to receive services from DDD.
Our Speech Language Pathologists are licensed by the State of New Jersey, hold a certificate of Communicative Clinical Competency, and regularly undergo training to stay abreast of this rapidly evolving field.
155 Route 46
Mountain Lakes, New Jersey 07046